Shelby County Department of Housing (SCDH) is preparing its Consolidated Annual Performance Report (CAPER) for the program year that began July 1, 2012 and ended June 30, 2013. The CAPER is required by the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development to describe CDBG and HOME program activities undertaken by SCDH to address housing and community development needs, especially in low- and moderate-income areas of Shelby County, outside the City of Memphis.
The CAPER will be available for public review from September 12, 2013 - September 26, 2013 at the office of SCDH (1075 Mullins Station Rd., Memphis, TN 38134), the Arlington Public Library, the Collierville Public Library, the Germanton Public Library, the Millington Public Library, and the following branches of the Memphis & Shelby County Public Library: Benjamin L. Hooks and Bartlett. To solicit comment on the CAPER, SCDH will host a public hearing on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. at the Shelby County East Complex, Peggy Edmiston Administration Building, Room W-263, 1075 Mullins Station Road, Memphis, TN 38134. Attendees should enter the building through SCDH's entrance (the door in the center wing on the west side of the complex). Additionally, written comments or suggestions will be accepted through 4:30 p.m. September 26, 2013 and should be directed to Mr. Scott Walkup at Shelby County Department of Housing, 1075 Mullins Station Road, Memphis, TN 38134. SCDH will respond to all written comments within 15 working days of receipt. For questions regarding the public hearing or CAPER, contact Scott Walkup at (901) 222-7610.
Those with special needs that plan to attend the public hearing are encouraged to contact SCDH at (901) 222-7600 and well will work to accommodate you. Para mas información en Español, por favor llame al 901-222-4289.
LEGAL NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Sealed bids will be received at the Office of the City of Memphis Purchasing Agent, Room 354, City Hall, 125 N. Main, Memphis, TN 38103, until 2:00 PM CT, Friday, October 4, 2013, for furnishing the City of Memphis with the following:
FOR THE DIVISION OF: ENGINEERING City of Memphis RFQ # 3206 .
FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF: STP – Northwest Signal Coordination and TMC Upgrade
Federal Project No.: STP-M-9409 (145) State PIN: 112875
Location(s): Various Locations throughout the City of Memphis
A Pre-bid Conference will be held Friday, September 20, 2013, 10:00 AM CT; 980 S. Third St., Memphis, TN 38106 (901) 528-2844
1. The Prime Contractor and all Sub Contractors must pre-qualify with the Department of Transportation in accordance with Section 54-5-117 of the "Tennessee Code Annotated" and Tennessee Department of Transportation Rule 1680-5-3 prequalification of contractors before biddable proposals will be furnished.
2. The City of Memphis hereby notifies all bidders that a 1% Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal has been set for this project and must be met or exceeded. All contractors identified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) must be on the Tennessee Uniform Certification Program (TNUCP) List at the time of the bid opening.
3. The City of Memphis hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively insure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation, and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex or disability in consideration for an award.
4. The City of Memphis is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer, drug-free with policies of non-discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or military service. For additional information contact Mary Bright, (901) 636-6210, City of Memphis, Contract Compliance Office, 125 N. Main St, Memphis, TN 38103
5. "Certification by each bidder must be made with respect to nondiscrimination in employment."
6. A Bid Bond is required.
7. All bids must include, on the outside of the bid envelope, the name of the project, the bid due date and the bid opening time.
Plans, Specifications and attendant deposit information available, until the time set for opening bids, from: Janet Prejean, (901) 636-2462, City of Memphis, Construction Inspections, 2599 Avery Avenue, Memphis, TN 38112.
Award of contracts will be made on the basis of the lowest and best bids as determined by the City of Memphis. "Best Bid" shall be defined as the responsive quotation, that meets the contract documents, including, if applicable, any DBE Participation Goal as set out in this specification.
THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS IS RESERVED
Notice of intent of award will be issued after review of all opened bids. Any protest of award must be filed in writing with the Purchasing Agent within ten calendar days of the intent of award announcement.
By Order of the Mayor of the City of Memphis, Tennessee.
A C WHARTON, JR., MAYOR
ERIC S. MAYSE, CITY PURCHASING AGENT
ADVERTISEMENTS FOR BIDS
The Town of Arlington is requesting separate sealed bids for:
THE REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT OF APPROXIMATELY 815 LINEAR FEET OF CONCRETE DRAINAGE DITCH THAT HAS DETERIOATED. THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE REPLACEMENT CONCRETE DITCH WILL VARY IN THE WIDTH AND HEIGHT AND INVOLVE THE EXTENDING AND CONNECTING EXISTING DRAINAGE PIPE AS THE DESIGN PLANS SPECIFY. ALL MATERIALS AND CONSTRUCTION WILL BE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SPECIFICATIONS AND DESIGN PLANS WHICH ARE INCLUDED IN THE BID BOOK.
This bid requires licensed and bonded General Contractor as required by the Contractor's Licensing Act of 1994 of the General Assembly of the State of Tennessee, and qualified for the type of construction being bid upon. "A mandatory pre bid conference will be held at Town Hall, 5854 Airline Road, Arlington, TN 38002 on September 19, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. to address all issues concerning this bid. Sealed bids will be received by the Town of Arlington at the office of The Town Recorder, Town Hall, 5854 Airline Road, Arlington, TN 38002 until 1:00 o'clock P.M. CST, Friday, September 27, 2013 and then at said office publicly opened and read aloud.
The Information for Bidders, Form of Bid, Form of Contract, Plans, Specifications and Forms of Bid Bond, Performance and Payment Bond, and other contract documents may be examined at the following location:
ARLINGTON TOWN HALL, 5854 AIRLINE ROAD, ARLINGTON, TN 38002
The Town reserves the right to waive any informalities or to reject any or all bids.
The Town of Arlington hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively insure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation, and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex or disability in consideration for an award. The Town of Arlington is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer, drug-free with policies of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age disability or military service. Bidding documents may be obtained from the Town of Arlington, 5854 Airline Road, Arlington, Tennessee 38002 during regular business hours upon receipt of a non-refundable deposit, in the amount of $10.00 each set. For any questions contact, Mr. Dickie Wiseman at Public Works (901) 867-4980.
Each bidder must deposit with his bid, security in the amount, form and subject to the conditions provided in the Information for Bidders.
Attention of bidders is particularly called to the requirements as to conditions of employment to be observed and minimum wage rates to be paid under the contract, Section 3, Segregated Facility, Section 109 and E.O. 11246.
No bidder may withdraw his bid within 60 days after the actual date of the opening thereof.