- Category: Original
29 Aug 2013
- Written by Tri-State Defender Newsroom
The 2nd Annual Rhythm & Blue Community Tailgate – hosted by The Redwing Group, LLC in partnership with The University of Memphis – will be held on Tiger Lane, Lot 12 on Sept. 7 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Rhythm & Blue Community Tailgate is a community engagement initiative created by The Redwing Group and is a part of the U of M's official tailgate festivities that kick off the Tigers' season with the game against the Duke University Blue Devils.
The pre-game event is loaded for fun and will include:
• A DJ and live music;
• Free food and beverages;
• A kids' zone with face painting, moonboonce and snowcones;
• A kick-off welcome from Mayor AC Wharton Jr., Shelby County Mayor Mark H. Luttrell Jr. and other public officials;
• A display of cars and motorcycles by the Corvette Club of Memphis and Pound 4 Pound Motorcyle Club;
• Appearances by local celebrities and former University of Memphis football players.
• Health screenings
Free parking on Tiger Lane.
For more 'Tiger Nation' fun on Friday, Sept. 6, check out Live Jazz @ The Westin! The venue is the Bleu Restaurant & Lounge inside the Westin Memphis Beale. The time frame is 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Enjoy complimentary hors d'oeuvres, DJ and live entertainment, and free giveaways, including tickets to the game. This event is hosted by Strictly Jazz Entertainment, Fresh Ideas, 100 Black Men of Memphis and The Redwing Group!
The Rhythm and Blue tailgate is sponsored by Methodist LeBonheur Healthcare, Siemens, Cigna Healthcare, University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center, City of Memphis, Shelby County Government and 100 Black Men of Memphis, Inc.
For more information, call The Redwing Group at 901-207-3889.