On Friday, Judge Steven Rhodes will attempt to establish an aggressive time frame of hearings and deadlines for Detroit Bankruptcy case. Some other items on Judge Rhodes agenda include:
• The status of Detroit's negotiations with creditors.
• Detroit's request for the approval of an agreement that would allow the city to capture a larger portion of casino tax revenue without placing one-third in a reserve account to protect its insurer.
• The city's request for a committee to represent retirees.
• The possible appointment of a mediator to help speed up negotiations between the city and creditors.
• A request for a fee examiner to monitor the money Detroit is paying its lawyers and financial advisers.
Stay tuned to Michigan Chronicle.com for further updates as this story continues to develop.