25 Mar 2011
- Written by Lucy Shaw
1. Financial freedom is your ____________.
2. Your thoughts, _______ and attitudes determine your wealth potential.
3. Being _____________ is a temporary financial condition, being ____________ is a state of mind.
4. Life is an adventure; let ____________be your guide.
5. To create financial freedom, ________ the “energy” of money wisely.
Believe it or not, many of us don’t intuitively know the answers to these questions. And then some of you won’t agree with my answers to these questions. This takes me to this week’s question.
Dear Lucy: “Everyone around me seems to be making more money and doing better than me. I seem to just stay broke all the time. It doesn’t seem fair!”
Dear Reader: “Money” is a really provocative subject. I spend an entire 6-months teaching a class on attitudes for success. The people who take it do indeed learn how to succeed. But, the first challenge is getting rid of some of the beliefs about money that are not true and don’t serve us well. For starters, Paul warns us against “comparing ourselves among ourselves” in II Corinthians 10:12. So here are a few ideas to try on in turning your condition around.
1. Financial freedom is your choice. If just one person overcomes awful odds to overcome poverty, then those odds are not the law! There must be something else at work. Choose financial freedom just like you choose your clothes, your attitude, your mate or whatever. Decide today that you choose to be financially free and will think, learn and do what you need to have it so.
2. Your thoughts, beliefs and attitudes determine your wealth potential. If you keep your mind on what you don’t have, what you believe that someone else is entitled to and not you, or walk around in an attitude of in-gratitude, you will keep your own blessings away. Pay attention to what you are thinking. You can only draw to you what you pay attention to.
3. Being broke is a temporary financial condition, being poor is a state of mind. Change what you are thinking and feeling about your financial condition and it will begin to change!
4. Life is an adventure; let passion be your guide. Many of us unconsciously believe that life is supposed to be a struggle, so we are afraid to dream or think into an alternative possibility. What are you really passionate about? What would you LOVE to do? Doing what we love is what we do best.
5. To create financial freedom, invest the “energy” of money wisely. Money is just “energy.” It could just as well be coins, paper or beans, or corn. It’s the feelings you wrap around that money that matters. If you see it as scarce, then it is. If you see it belonging to everybody but you, then it does. You have the power to decide how you think and feel about money. Start today to let it be what you want and not what you don’t want it to be for you. Freedom begins with how we think about things.
Thinking into wealthy, healthy, and wise,