08 Sep 2011
- Written by Milton Howery III
Special to the Tri-State Defender
A full-functioning working and training studio is opening up at 810 South Main Street, adding a little something new to downtown Memphis.
|With LilyRoze Studios, Nadia Matthews is out to create a Hollywood type atmosphere where Memphians can work and train like professional entertainers. (Courtesy photo).|
“I want to create a Hollywood type atmosphere where Memphians can work and train like professional entertainers,” said Matthews.
The 2,500 sq.-ft. building will include a mini movie theatre, photography studio, fashion/modeling, mobile computer lab, green screen, conference room, dance/fitness studio, recording studio, stage/runway, lounges, art gallery, gift shop, concession bar, and Wi-Fi.
LilyRoze studio will offer training for children starting at three years old, and welcomes any adults looking for something to do in their free time.
“This is also a great place for those inspiring entertainers looking for a way to get their name out there,” said Matthews. “Internships and volunteers are also welcomed. They will have the opportunity to assist the production and office staff with a variety of tasks,” said Matthews.
The grand opening will run from Sept. 17 through Sept. 22, with the studio open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. for studio tours and registration each day. There will be a special ribbon cutting ceremony from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 22, featuring live music, refreshments, giveaways, raffles and prizes.
Here’s the rest of the schedule:
• Sunday, Sept. 18, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Studio Blessing/ Open House. All Clergyman, ministers and prayer warriors are welcome. Open to the public.
• Monday, Sept. 19, 5 p.m. to 7 pm.: Models for a cause, featuring a free photo shoot. First come, first serve. Must RSVP.
• Tuesday, Sept. 20, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Talent casting & artist. Pageant search
• Wednesday, Sept. 21, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.: B.O.S.S Networking Event (Business Owners Socialite set).
• Thursday, Sept. 22: 5:30 p.m. arrival; ceremony from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., ribbon cutting.