07 Jul 2011
- Written by Tri-State Defender Newsroom
The conference will be at Fullview Missionary Baptist Church at 7100 Memphis-Arlington Rd. in Bartlett. It will run from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on July 8 and from 9 a.m. to noon on July 9. The theme is “Preaching with Power.”
Myriad classes packaged as “dynamic preaching” will be offered. The subjects on tap are:
• Preaching 101
• Sermon Preparation
• Biblical Interpretation
• Evangelistic Preaching
• Preaching People Want to Hear
• Advanced Topics in Preaching
• Advanced Topics in Sermon Preparation
• What Kind of Preacher are You?
The following “women’s ministry classes will be offered:
• Moving from Where You are to Where God Wants You to be
• Women Taking it to the Next Level
• Stir up the Gift
• A Servant’s Heart
• Walking in Humility & Forgiveness
The Conference facilitators will include Dr. Sybil Mitchell, The Healing Center; Dr. Pam Addison, pastor, Kingdom Life Baptist Church; The Rev. Stella Hollis, New Direction Christian Church; the Rev. Wilma Peggs, the Rev. Cassandra Blake and the Rev. Marlene Harrison, all of Fullview Missionary Baptist Church; and Denesha Robinson of Franklin Avenue Baptist Church in New Orleans.
The conference cost is $25 online and $35 on-site.
For more information, visit http://nationalallianceowim.com; or call 901-264-9887; 901-867-1190; 504-495-0202.