The New Tri-State Defender is seeking a results and revenue-driven multi-media Sales Executive with strong communication, organizational, business development and advertising skills. This challenging opportunity is for self-starters with formal sales experience. We are looking for an individual to further develop our organization.
Candidate must have a proven track record in advertising and event sponsorship sales, with a quick learning curve for new concepts. A strong motivator and strategic thinker is a must. Computer skills required (Word, Excel, Contact Management database, social media email, etc.). Experience in newspaper advertising or other media is preferred but not required.
• Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers via meetings, telephone calls and emails;
• Visiting potential customers to prospect for new business;
• Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets;
• Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales;
• Gathering market and customer information;
• Representing the organization at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
• Negotiating variations in price, delivery and specifications with managers;
• Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions;
• Liaising with suppliers to check on the progress of existing orders;
• Recording sales and order information using technology tools available;
• Reviewing and reporting own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets;
• Gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements;
• Making accurate, rapid cost calculations, and providing customers with quotations;
• Feeding future buying trends back to management.
• Ideal candidates will be financially driven, highly disciplined and have an exceptionally strong work ethic. Additionally, they will enjoy a team environment and the shared desire to exceed revenue goals. We want ambitious, driven individuals with accountability to the organization – written and verbal.
• Manage the entire proposal process by working closely with management and staff
Must consistently have a positive attitude toward providing excellent service to customers, co-workers and support personnel
• Previous business and sales experience is a plus
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Excellent time-management skills
• Computer literacy and knowledge of computer software, apps and social media
We offer a monthly base, some established accounts and relationships to grow to meet compensation requirements. Our competitive benefits package includes health, dental, 401k, and life insurance. TSD is located in downtown Memphis on Beale Street (near the FedExForum), with monthly employer-paid parking.
To learn more about the Tri-State Defender, please visit www.tsdmemphis.com.
If you have the skills and seek a challenging growth opportunity, please respond with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to besmith@tri- statedefender.com.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we are not able to respond personally to every application. However, we do review every resume and will contact you if we think there is a possible fit for you.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
ALL INTERESTED BIDDERS
The Shelby County Board of Education is seeking proposals in response to its Request for Proposal for Student Transportation, dated November 21, 2012.
Visit our website for additional information: